Product Rating: 4.7 out of 5 based on 102 user ratings AllgoMedic Product
Prednisolone is a steroid drug that helps prevent the release of substances that lead to inflammation in the body. The medication is used as a treatment for numerous health disorders, such as skin problems, lupus, breathing problems, arthritis, psoriasis and others.
Availability: 37 packsActive Ingredient: tamoxifen
Analogs of Prednisolone: Adelcort,Aersolin d, Alpicort,Bisuo a,Capsoid,Compesolon,Cortan,Cortisal,Cor tyzine,Decortin h,Deltacortenesol, Precodil,Predacort,Prednisolonpivalat and other
|30 pills||$50.68||$1.69||Buy Now|
|60 pills||$65.43||$1.09||$35.94||Buy Now|
|90 pills||$80.17||$0.89||$71.88||Buy Now|
|120 pills||$94.92||$0.79||$107.82||Buy Now|
|180 pills||$124.41||$0.69||$179.7||Buy Now|
|270 pills||$168.64||$0.62||$287.52||Buy Now|
|360 pills||$212.88||$0.59||$395.34||Buy Now|
|60 pills||$51.94||$0.87||Buy Now|
|90 pills||$64.51||$0.72||$13.4||Buy Now|
|120 pills||$77.08||$0.64||$26.8||Buy Now|
|180 pills||$102.21||$0.57||$53.6||Buy Now|
|270 pills||$139.92||$0.52||$93.8||Buy Now|
|360 pills||$177.63||$0.49||$134||Buy Now|
|60 pills||$50.98||$0.85||Buy Now|
|90 pills||$63.01||$0.7||$13.46||Buy Now|
|120 pills||$75.05||$0.63||$26.92||Buy Now|
|180 pills||$99.11||$0.55||$53.84||Buy Now|
|270 pills||$135.2||$0.5||$94.22||Buy Now|
|360 pills||$171.3||$0.48||$134.59||Buy Now|
|90 pills||$40.5||$0.45||Buy Now|
|120 pills||$48.78||$0.41||$5.22||Buy Now|
|180 pills||$65.34||$0.36||$15.66||Buy Now|
|270 pills||$90.18||$0.33||$31.32||Buy Now|
|360 pills||$115.02||$0.32||$46.98||Buy Now|
Prednisolone is a corticosteroid which is primarily used for the treatment of allergy, endocrine disorders, intestinal disorders or skin conditions. Prednisolone is a generic name, but there are several brands available in a variety of different drug stores across the country.
It is available in different forms, including capsules, liquids, topical creams, gels and inhalers.
Prednisolone is a prescription drug. A delayed release tablet is available under the brand name Rayos. The immediate release tablet, however, is only available as a generic drug.
Prednisolone as a representative corticosteroid which was able to obtain approval from the United States in 1955. It is a commonly used oral drug which has a rapid onset and immediate effects.
How Does It Work?
It works by modifying the response of the body’s immune system to the different stimuli that it’s facing. This is a synthetic analog from the hormones produced in the adrenal cortex. The activity of the hormones revives the affected metabolism working in the central nervous system.
How Do I take Prednisolone?
- Take the medication orally on a full stomach. This is to prevent stomach upset which may be brought on by the medication.
- For the liquid form, ensure that a proper measuring spoon is used. The dosing is very important, especially since each of the brands prepares the medication with different strengths.
- Follow the dosing schedule as prescribed to you by your physician. The dosing may depend on your age, condition being treated, the severity of the condition, other medical conditions and the reaction to the first dose.
- Do not stop taking this medication without consulting with your doctor. This may cause side effects or worsening of the condition that is being treated.
- If you miss a dose of Prednisolone, you have to take it as soon as possible. If you remember the missed when it’s almost time to take the next one, just forget about the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Remember, do not take 2 doses at once.
- What Are the Contraindications With the Use of Prednisolone?
- Current systemic fungal infection, or inflammation of the optic nerve
- Any allergy to the ingredients of Prednisolone
- Have a live vaccination scheduled
What Are Medical Conditions That May Interact With Prednisolone?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, there are various risks to the fetus if taken
- History of heart problems: the mechanism of action of the drug may cause an uncontrolled adverse reaction.
- Stomach problems: it is advised that this drug is taken on a full stomach since production of gastric juices may increase and cause upset stomach and nausea.
- Weak bones, such as osteoporosis
- Herbal preparation and dietary supplements
What Are Medicines That May Interact With Prednisolone?
- Birth control pills or oral contraceptives, Ketoconazole or Cyclosporine. These medications may increase the risk of experiencing Prednisolone’s side effects.
- Barbiturates, Carbamazepine, or rifampin. These medications decrease Prednisolone’s effectiveness and may cause seizure when used with Prednisolone.
- Live Vaccine. Taking Prednisolone lowers the immune system, and may lead to infection.
How Long Does It Take to Work?
This would depend if the prescription is for short term, immediate treatment, or for long term treatment. If you experience less pain and swelling, or the condition is improves, then chances are the drug is working.
Side Effects of Prednisolone
There are a variety of side effects that known to occur with the use of this drug. They include:
- Upset stomach
- Increase sweating
Severe Side effects include:
- Severe allergic reaction, including tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth and difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Unusual weight gain
- Vision changes and other eye problems
If overdose is suspected, the local poison control center should be contacted, or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
How Do I Store Prednisolone?
It is important to store it at room temperature between 68-77 degrees Farenheit. Ensure that it is kept in a tightly sealed container. It has to be stored away from heat, moisture and light. Ensure that it is kept out of reach of children and pets.
Where to Purchase Prednisolone
Prednisolone can be purchased in the different pharmacies across the country or online. Different methods of payment are accepted and express delivery is available at your disposal.