Sildenafil which is marketed under the name Viagra is one of the primary medications used to cure erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial dysfunction. It helps to relax the muscles in particular areas of the body and improves blood flow. Do not use Viara if you are someone who is taking nitrate drugs to cure your chest pain or heart disease. Taking sildenafil with a nitrate drug can cause a sudden fall in blood pressure.
Make sure you let your doctor know if you have any of the following problems:
- Heart diseases and irregular heart beat
- History of heart attack in the past one year or so
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Liver and Kidney problems
- Sickle cell anemia
- Bleeding cell disorder like hemophilia
- Stomach Ulcer
- Retinitis pigmentosa, a disorder in the eye
- Peyronie’s disease, a physical deformity of the penis
- Unable to have sexual intercourse for health problems
Viagra may cause loss of vision in the eye since blood flow to the optic nerve may not be normal. People having heart diseases, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels run the risk of losing vision if they subscribe to Viagra. Take Viagra according to the prescribed procedure. Do not take the medicine in incorrect amounts and follow the course in the exact duration mentioned. Viagra is mostly needed before 1 hour to 30 minutes before sexual activity. It is strongly advised not to take a Viagra pill more than once per day. Some people complain of dizziness, numbness in the pain, slight chest pain, neck and jaw drop while performing a sexual activity after consuming a Viagra. The medicine should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Do not have alcohol while you are on this medicine as it may be really dangerous.
Some of the major side effects of using viagra include sudden hearing loss, irregular heartbeat, swelling in parts of the body like ankle, hands, feet, breathing problems, convulsions and feelings like you may pass away. Abnormal vision is one of the major side effects of using Viagra. Take this medicine on the dose prescribed. The initial dose includes 50mg orally once a day, one hour prior to your sexual activity. The maintenance dose includes 25mg to 100mg once a day and again one hour prior to sexual intercourse. If you are on any of the following medicines, then you have to stop those courses while you are on Viagra:
- Medicinal treatments to cure HIV/AIDS such as atazanavir, indinavil, ritonavir,saquinavir.
- Drugs that are used for treatment against Blood Pressure and prostrate disorders.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin, erythromycin and telithromycin
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole and itraconazole
It is one of the mostly used pills to cure erectile dysfunction. In 2000, Viagra recorded about 92% of total sales of such erectile dysfunction pills. It is popular across the whole world and people turn to this medicine to enhance their performance in bed.