Dapoxetine is a fast reacting drug, a Selective Serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that treats premature ejaculation (men). It’s licensed in the UK. When experimented in RCTs – Randomized Control Trials, statistically, there was a noteworthy increase in IELT – Intravaginal Ejaculatory Latency Time after using Dapoxetine.
Understanding Premature Ejaculation
Often referred to as ‘coming too quickly’ (in men), this is when males ejaculate sooner that is expected of them by their partner. This is common condition and often embarrassing. Thus, it is a common problem for majority men and their partners since it occurs habitually. According to a sex and satisfaction research study, in USA only, sexual dysfunctions affect about 20% of the countries male aged 18 – 60. Although considered a psychological problem, there are few cases that prove otherwise (biological reasons). There are two types of premature ejaculation: Primary Premature Ejaculation and Secondary Premature Ejaculation. The former encompasses individuals suffering from the condition and throughout their sexual life whilst in secondary, the condition occurs after previous sexual encounters and maximum satisfaction.
The Summary Factors
Effectiveness of the drug – statistically, there is a significant increase in IELT when using 30mg and 60 mg in comparison to similar products in the market such as placebo. There are significant reports of men (30-38%) attesting to improved sexual experience with Dapoxetine compared to placebo (13.7%).
Safety concerns – there were incidents of Orthostatic hypotension reports during RCTs. Do initiate the treatment at 60 mg dosage, but begin at low doses and according to your healthcare provider prescription. Otherwise, the outcomes are adverse effects.
Useful factors about the medication include:
- Men ought to be evaluated and prescribed to appropriate doses in line with their premature ejaculation condition. Nonetheless, Dapoxetine drugs encompass product labeling with dosage description and information of the correlated side effects.
- Take the drug 1 to 3 hours prior to sexual intercourse. Using the drug earlier or late than that influences your sexual experience.
- In reference to product characteristics, Dapoxetine should not be used with patients suffering from phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors such as sildenafil.
- According to product description, healthcare practitioners should analyze patients using the medication and determine whether continued use of the drug is appropriate. This is routine check carried out after every 4 weeks or after taking 6 doses during initial stages of the treatment.
- Greater than 1 in 10 men suffer from common reactions after using the medication. As such, users accept the balanced potential of suffering from adverse side effects which is randomized. Common upshots include; nausea, headache and dizziness.
Dapoxetine Product Review
Dapoxetine also known as Priligy is a common product in the UK used to correct premature ejaculation dilemmas. Therefore, it’s a widespread treatment amid 18 – 60 year old individuals. However, in line to the products characteristics, it should be used by men with the subsequent criteria:
- Suffering from IELT (intravaginal ejaculatory latency time) lasting less that 2 minutes.
- Men suffering from recurrent ejaculation regardless of sexual stimulation or shortly after penetration and the circumstance are uncontrolled.
- If suffering from personal distress as a result of failing to deal with premature ejaculation.
- If within the last 6 months there are plenty records/accounts of premature ejaculation whilst attempting sexual intercourse.
Hence, if not diagnosed with premature ejaculation conditions, do not use Dapoxetine to either prolong or delay ejaculation during intercourse. The starting dose for over 18 individuals is 30 mg approximately 1 – 3 hours prior to sexual intercourse.
Dealing With Effects of Dapoxetine on Intravaginal Ejaculatory Latency Time
Can you define your baseline IELT? Is it 0.9 minutes (average baseline) or do you boast a significant 3.1 minutes which is average for 30 mg Dapoxetine dose and 3.6 minutes for 60mg Dapoxetine dose? You can compare these results with placebo patients reporting only 1.9 minutes.
Ejaculation and sexual satisfaction – % wise, this is a very good readily availed ejaculatory product in the market. Users control their sexual experience, according to reviews and testimonials.
Warning & Precautions Correlated with Use of the Drug
- Broad-spectrum Recommendation – this product is recommended to men with premature ejaculation criteria listed in this guide. Therefore, safety use of the product has to be established beforehand.
- Do not use the medication if suffering from a history of orthostatic hypotension.
- Are you suicidal? Antidepressants ingredients often increase risks of suicidal thinking, especially in young adults.
- Avoid if experiencing cardiovascular problems and using treatment drugs.
- Do not use with recreational drugs such as ketamine and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD.
- Do not take alcohol, drugs or smoke when adhering to Dapoxetine prescriptions. The drug increases neurocognitive effects of alcohol hence increasing neurocardiogenic leading to accidental injuries.
Use Dapoxetine to improve your sexual experience, but stick to your healthcare provider instructions. Anything other than that is considered drug abuse.