Viagra is the most prescribed medicine when it comes to curing erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. It helps to spur blood flow in the vessels of the penis so that one can achieve an erection when he is sexually stimulated. Slidenafil is the main ingredient that goes behind the making of this product.
How long does Viagra take to start its’ action?
The effects mostly vary from one person to another. But on an average, Viagra starts its work after 30 minutes of taking up the drug. There is a misconception that consuming Viagra alone would help in achieving erection. But it needs to be taken with some kind of sexual stimulator like visual or tactile to help in achieving an erection.
How long does the effect of Viagra last?
This again varies from one person to another. It tends to keep its action going for up to 5 hours at a time when used with a kind of sexual stimulator. The effects of the pill in real practice are seen to have lost their vigor after around 2 to 3 hours of the dose. There are many factors that work hand in hand to determine how long the action would last. Do not forget to discuss your medical history with your doctor before you start a course of this medicine.
Which factors affect in the lasting of Viagra in the body?
How long Viagra will last depends on a number of factors which are discussed as follows:
- Age: Viagra’s effects stay for a longer duration if you are older. For example if a man who is aged in the 60s takes up Viagra, the effects would last for a considerably longer time than a person of 40 years would have. Younger men or men below a certain age would not enjoy the effects for as long as someone above 60 years would.
- Diet: It is advisable to have this medicine on an empty stomach or after having a light meal. If you have consumed it after a heavy diet with more fat and carbohydrate content, then the pill would take a longer time to start its actions as more time would be devoted by your body to digest the food.
- Alcohol: If you are someone who is prone to drinking, you will face more problems in achieving proper erection than others. Drinking slows up the flow of blood to the penis thereby making it difficult to get an erection. A bottle of beer or a few pegs of whiskey may not do as much harm but if you drink without keeping a count, it would surely take a toll on your body that would impact your sexual life as well.
- Dosage: Tablets are available in different doses ranging from 25mg to 100mg. The higher the dose higher will be your chances of enjoying a pleasurable experience with your partner. But your doctor would be the perfect person to prescribe the correct dose for you based on your health conditions and medical history. It is very risky to start using a dose of this medicine according to your choice without consulting a doctor.
- Health issues: People suffering from kidney and liver diseases or disorders have said that the effects of Viagra last longer than on a person who is not suffering from such diseases. This happens because the tablet takes a longer time to be broken by your body so be open to your doctor about your health issues.
- Interactions with drugs: If you are on certain medicines while being on the course of Viagra, those medicines can alter the effects of Viagra. Medicines like antibiotic rifampin which is used to cure tuberculosis is one such medicine that can work against the effects of Viagra.
Can Viagra have any long lasting effects?
When Viagra is combined with some other medicine a condition called ‘priapism’ may occur. Priapism refers to a painful erection that lasts longer than 4 hours. This is a very serious medical condition which can cause long lasting damages to your penis. If you have a painful erection or if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours, it is advisable that you see the doctor immediately.
Can I speed up the effects of Viagra?
This is a question which is sure to have crossed your mind at least once while using Viagra. To get the best results, take the pills only during optimum conditions. To have the best results do not let fats and carbohydrates interfere with the breaking down procedure of the pill. Make sure you are in a good mental state and are relaxed before you take a dose of Viagra. If you are nervous then the effects may create troubles during your performance in bed. Do not expect Viagra to do everything for you- at least you have to be ready to have sex!